Friday, September 16, 2011

Penultimate Day

Ok, so penultimate is just one my favorite words, but I am on the next to last day of this challenge and I feel crappy again. The joys of a full meal on Tuesday are long gone and this chick is hungry I guess. Stomach doesn't feel it, but head does. I have had a headache all week and I know that will go come Sunday, but that really makes me feel for those that live on food stamps everyday. How do they focus or concentrate? I'm trying to do homework and it's not easy.
46 million America's fell below the poverty line in 2010, and I'm sure many others don't have good access to enough money for food. http://ethnoblog.newamericamedia.org/2011/09/as-poverty-rise-wrong-time-to-cut-safety-net.php. I really feel for these people right now, and it's sad because this week will end for me and I'll go eat somewhere great on Sunday as a "reward", start working out again, get ride of the headache and my life will move on. That's not the case for so many and I think this experience will stay with me for a long time. Not sure I want to do it every year as a reminder, but I am glad for the blog, even though I didn't want to write it, to remind me of what I went through this week.
Breakfast - cereal and milk $0.29
Granola Bar and diet coke - $0.85 - found dc for $0.35 a can
Lunch - Eggs, toast and spinach again - $1.04
Mid afternoon snack to wake up, get ride of headache and go swimming - PB and apple sandwich - $1.06.
What does that leave me for dinner???
$1.13 - bugger!

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, I'm really impressed with your blog and your reflections on the Challenge. You are right that so many people do this daily and that their struggle doesn't end tomorrow. Thank you for participating and sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete